Jump to Navigation
Serving Clients in Pennsylvania. Call today: Langhorne: 215-741-3700 | New Hope: 215-862-1900

Child Relocation After Divorce

Child Relocation Lawyer in Pennsylvania

Langhorne Child Visitation Rights Attorney

In today's global society, people move more frequently than in the past. For divorced parents with minor children, moving away affects not only themselves, but their children and the other parent as well. When one parent wants to move to another town, another state or outside the country, it can interfere with even the most carefully drafted parenting and custody plan.

Did you know that in Pennsylvania and New Jersey you must either obtain the consent of the other parent or obtain a court order before you can move away with your child or children?

If you want to relocate with your child, or you oppose the other parent's request for child relocation, we can help. Call one of our Bucks County offices, or contact us online to schedule a daytime or evening appointment with experienced family law attorney Carla V. Risoldi at one of our offices in New Hope or Langhorne. We practice in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.

When one parent desires to relocate — whether to another part of the state, out of Pennsylvania or New Jersey, whichever is applicable to your case, or outside the U.S. — the custody and visitation rights of the other parent must be considered.

When considering whether to allow child relocation after divorce, family courts in Pennsylvania and New Jersey will look at the best interests of the child or children. Some of the factors the judge will look at include:

  • The relationship between the child and each of the parents
  • The reasons why the custodial parent wants to move
  • The reasons why the other parent opposes child relocation
  • Advantages and disadvantages of the proposed move and the likely effect of the move on the child's quality of life
  • Whether the move would limit or interfere with the other parent's custody and visitation rights
  • The availability of an alternative visitation plan or an adjusted parenting schedule to allow the child to remain a relationship with the non-custodial parent

With nearly 23 years of family law experience, attorney Carla V. Risoldi is well equipped to represent you in any dispute over a parent's request to move away. She can review the facts of your case and explain how Pennsylvania's or New Jersey's laws would apply in your situation. She will advocate for your rights and interests while keeping you informed, involved and prepared for whatever comes next.

In certain move-away situations, a parent may want to request a change of custody in a request for modification.

Two Convenient Office Locations in Bucks County
Langhorne: 215-741-3700 | New Hope: 215-862-1900

Serving Clients in Bucks, Montgomery, Philadelphia, Berks, Delaware Counties in Pennsylvania and beyond and throughout New Jersey

For answers to your questions about child relocation and changes of custody after divorce, please call or contact us online to schedule a consultation with our family lawyer.

Major Credit Cards Accepted

Serving Clients in Pennsylvania. Call today: Langhorne: 215-741-3700 New Hope/Central Bucks County: 215-862-1900 Ms. Risoldi
About Ms. Risoldi

Carla V. Risoldi has experience since 1991 and works to help clients understand their legal situation.

Read More

Contact Us

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Langhorne, Pennsylvania:
1508 Trenton Road
Langhorne, PA 19047-5732
(Corner of Trenton & Durham)
Map and Directions

Tel: 215-741-3700 | E-Mail
Fax: 215-741-5710

New Hope, Pennsylvania:
2 Market Place
Logan Square, Suite #53
P.O. Box 60
New Hope, PA 18938
Map and Directions

Tel: 215-862-1900 | E-Mail
Fax: 215-862-1905

American Express | MasterCard | Visa | Discover Risoldi Law Offices, LLC