Jump to Navigation
Serving Clients in Pennsylvania. Call today: Langhorne: 215-741-3700 | New Hope: 215-862-1900

Grandparent Rights

Bucks County Grandparent Rights Attorney

Grandparents' Rights to Custody and Visitation in Pennsylvania

Are you a grandparent who wants custody or visitation of your grandchild?

Are you a parent who thinks that it is not in your child's best interest to have court-ordered visitation with his or her grandparents? Is a grandparent seeking custody of your child against your wishes?

If you want grandparent custody or visitation rights (or if you think that grandparent visitation or custody is not in your child's best interest), we can help. Call one of our Bucks County offices, or contact us online to schedule a daytime or evening appointment with family law attorney Carla V. Risoldi at our offices in New Hope or Langhorne.

Pennsylvania formally recognizes grandparents' rights to seek visitation, partial custody or primary physical custody of their grandchildren. In order to win a motion for custody or visitation, the grandparent must show that the custody or visitation would be in the best interest of the child and would not interfere with the parent-child relationship.

Grandparents sometimes find themselves cut off from their grandchildren after a divorce or the death of their adult child, the children's parent. The custodial parent may refuse to honor the other spouse's parents' right to spend time with the children. In other circumstances, grandparents may have stepped in to care for their grandchildren because the parents weren't able to or refused to do so. In these types of circumstances, prohibiting contact between the children and grandparents can be harmful to the child.

While the law regarding grandparent rights is still evolving in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and throughout the nation, family court judges will usually sign a grandparent visitation order if they find it is in the child's best interests.

Parents who oppose grandparent rights often argue that giving a grandparent custody or visitation rights is an unconstitutional interference with their rights as parents. In many cases, grandparents and parents can work together to resolve a dispute over grandparent rights through mediation.

With nearly 23 years of experience, family law attorney Carla V. Risoldi can explain your rights as a grandparent or parent and advocate for your interests in a dispute over grandparent rights.

Two Convenient Office Locations in Bucks County
Langhorne: 215-741-3700 | New Hope: 215-862-1900

Serving Clients in Bucks, Montgomery, Philadelphia, Berks, Delaware Counties in Pennsylvania and beyond and throughout New Jersey

For answers to your questions about child relocation and changes of custody after divorce, please call or contact us online to schedule a consultation with our family lawyer.

Major Credit Cards Accepted

Serving Clients in Pennsylvania. Call today: Langhorne: 215-741-3700 New Hope/Central Bucks County: 215-862-1900 Ms. Risoldi
About Ms. Risoldi

Carla V. Risoldi has experience since 1991 and works to help clients understand their legal situation.

Read More

Contact Us

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Langhorne, Pennsylvania:
1508 Trenton Road
Langhorne, PA 19047-5732
(Corner of Trenton & Durham)
Map and Directions

Tel: 215-741-3700 | E-Mail
Fax: 215-741-5710

New Hope, Pennsylvania:
2 Market Place
Logan Square, Suite #53
P.O. Box 60
New Hope, PA 18938
Map and Directions

Tel: 215-862-1900 | E-Mail
Fax: 215-862-1905

American Express | MasterCard | Visa | Discover Risoldi Law Offices, LLC